Saturday 27 February 2010

Christmas Gift Catch-up: Purses for Nieces!

Phew! I'm back from my whirlwind vacation. I spent the past few weeks showing off my beautiful NSW country to an American buddy of mine, and then preparing to begin a course on Horticulture(!).
In the meantime though, I'm still catching up from a huge back-log of knit things to share with you all.
I'll start with the oldest for now.

For my two nieces, this year, I made them each a little knit purse of their own.

Christmas 2009: Purses for the Nieces



The pattern was very basic, and I just kind of made it up as I went along. I started off with a knit rectangle of fabric.

Christmas 2009: Purses for the Nieces

Christmas 2009: Purses for the Nieces

And then decreased down to a triangular clasp with a contrasting colour of yarn.

Christmas 2009: Purses for the Nieces

I sewed the sides together to make it a pouch and then knit an i-chord for the strap.
Easy Peasy!

For some extra fun and stability I decided to have a go at lining the purses with some cotton fabric.

Christmas 2009: Purses for the Nieces

And finished them off with a large, brightly coloured button for a clasp!

Christmas 2009: Purses for the Nieces

Christmas 2009: Purses for the Nieces

Done! The hardest part, honestly was figuring out which colour to give to which girl. It may have taken a day, tops, to make each purse.

Christmas 2009: Purses for the Nieces

No comments: