Monday 3 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Riberry Punch

It's funny; although on occasion I do miss a snowy "white" Christmas, I can not imagine spending New Years on anything but a steamy, hot summer's day.

It's been a while, hasn't it?
Life got a bit busy the last half of last year; namely I took on a second TAFE course (Bookkeeping) on top of the one I was already doing (Horticulture) as well as the various voluntary and family commitments I take up as often as possible. In general, my presence online was very slim.
That's all done now, I passed both my courses and have even managed to survived the Silly Season that is the last few weeks of the year, and here I am!

It's a new year! Happy 2011 to you all! I hope you all had a very nice New Year and are looking forward to the months to come. I know I am!

I've made a couple of Resolutions for the new year.

1. Get in shape. That's everyone's number 1 isn't it? Well I'm no different. I want to get back into routine exercises as much as I can. Look into a couple classes that are available in my area. I've also signed up to SparkPeople.com and is proving to be interesting and useful (although the nutrition tracker is utterly useless, I don't use it)

2. Wear more skirts. I have them, I even have some nice new ones I found at op shops. So I should wear them more often.

3. Post more blog posts then I did in 2010. I've only signed up for one TAFE course in the coming year (the next Horticulture Certificate, woo!!) So hopefully I should still be able to have free time to feel up to making decent, routine blog posts.

4. Increase my online presence. I have a higher monthly bandwidth for internet now, which is exciting! I now no longer feel so guilty about spending time online and uploading my photos. I want to comment more on the blogs I read and participate more in conversations going on in forums that I read. I know how appreciative I am when someone comments on my posts, so I need to really start going out of my way and commenting in posts that I like!

I'm sure that there will be more, good intentions are always ongoing, right?
It's good to be back.

1 comment:

sarah london said...

Happy New Year Kate!!