Friday 22 January 2010

Continuing on the Christmas Catch-up!

Continuing on... for my brother this year I knit him a hat and fingerless gloves. I figured either staying in the States OR traveling to Korea he'd be bound to end up someplace where he could use the extra warmth.

David's Hat and Gloves

The fingerless gloves were a quick 'n easy knit. The pattern was a simple "manly" rib that I found in one of my books: Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson, and true to the books name, they knit up VERY quickly. I added in the stripes both to somewhat match the hat, but also to keep me interested; that never-ending rib pattern can drive one insaaane!

Turn-a-Square Hat

The hat was another Turn a Square Hat by Jared Flood. And like the previous one I made for Jon, it knit up really quickly and well.

Turn-a-Square Hat

This one came out to be what I feared was a little bit too small for my brother; but he says it fits him fine and I suppose that's the main thing!

Turn-a-Square Hat

Both the projects were using up some leftover yarn that I had lying around; some random solid colours of wool and a little bit of extra Noro on the hat.
They came out well, too! A very satisfying present, and my brother is very happy with them!

No comments: