Tuesday 12 January 2010

My Christmas Gift

Looks like Santa must have been enjoying my photographs this past year as well.
My wonderful parents surprised me this year with a drop dead gorgeous new digital SLR camera!

Canon Rebel

My new Canon Digital Rebel XSi with two lenses: 18-55mm and 55-250mm.
I haven't even come up with a name for my Lumix yet, now I have a whole new "baby" to dote over!

So far it's still very much in the "precious and new" phase. I did NOT bring the canon along to our fishing trip since it was on a boat and ohmygoodness what if I dropped it into salt water?
I also did NOT bring it along on our trek into Dorrigo Rainforest because although it's relatively light for a camera it's size; I'd still have to carry it and I didn't want the extra weight (I'm carrying enough weight on my own thank you very much... goodness I need to get into better shape)

I did, however, bring it along to Angela's birthday party and got to play around with various settings...

Portrait of Pa
(Pa, at Angela's 5th Birthday Party. 2009.)

I think this camera and I will become VERY good friends. One of my New Years Resolutions is to make an effort to learn more about photography so I can be more confident in taking good shots.
Now I need to get a decent tripod...
...and a backpack carry-case...
...and a macro-lens kit...
...and a...
*grins*

No comments: