Thursday 4 March 2010

Endpaper Mitts

Jon's Visit: Endpaper Mitts

I wish I was able to get a better photo of them then just this one here.

These have been works in progress for the longest time; a classic "second sock syndrome"... although in this case, it was a second mitten syndrome!

I finally picked it up in January, knitting the second mitt took no time at all and I was left with a -gorgeous- pair of fingerless mittens.
I had originally intended these to be for myself, but it struck me as I was finishing them up how suitable they would be as a gift for a dear friend of mine, and as I was going to be crashing at her place in Sydney for a little while I thought they'd make a perfect late christmas/thank you for letting me stay at your place gift... so it goes with knitting gifts, it seems. I can always knit them again for myself (and I probably will!)

Pattern: Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Jang
Needles: 2.00 mm ( 0 US)
Yarn: Debbie Bliss, Baby Cashmerino; Colour Navy - 1 ball
...some other cashmere/wool sport weight yarn in a green/blue/purple range.. I'm sure I kept the label somewhere... - 1 ball

No comments: