Tuesday 2 March 2010

Skully Sweater

Another step forward in my knitting!

Skully Sweater

Skully Sweater

Woooo!!! Finally I completed a "big" project, a jumper for myself. I've been meaning to take the plunge into making a jumper for myself.
The endless stockinette was incredibly tedious at some points, but I'm glad I stuck with it!
The skull pattern was a great way to break up the monotony as well.

Skully Sweater

Pattern: Skully from Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook
Yarn: Moda Vera, Poetic. Earth: 10 balls, Cream: 2 balls
Needles: Size 6.5mm (US 10 1/2)

It's a very simple sweater; it's big and baggy with no waist shaping at all. I have discovered the evils of having to sew massive stretches of knit fabric together. It's well worth it, just.. tiring.
It fits well, although a little bit tight around the upper arms. It's a 100% wool yarn as well, which means it's a little bit itchy; best worn with a long-sleeved t-shirt under it.
Happily (in this sense only) it's been quite chilly here, especially in the evenings, so I've had a couple of opportunities to wear it around the house.

I'm very proud of myself! Onto the next one!

Skully Sweater

No comments: