Monday 2 November 2009

A Bit of a Disaster

In typical Australian fashion, earlier this week it went from "World is on Fire!" to "Ohai I Heard U Like Rainz!"
Which is to say it's gone from hot and dry and crispy to sudden floods. After the rains passed on I found my poor dear cherry tomato pot absolutely flooded with water; what a hard way to discover your pot doesn't have very good drainage! Just goes to show that I'm still very much a n00b gardener.

Poor Dying Cherry Tomatos

I've drained the pot and added in larger drainage holes, but I have a feeling the damage to the roots is already done. I've been really REALLY enjoying these tomatos as well, they're as sweet as candy!

New Tomatos

Not everything suffored from the rain though; in fact it's done wonders for the heirloom tomato seedlings I bought the other weekend as well as the basil!

Herb Garden

In fact except for that cherry tomato plant, everything seems to be prospering after the much-needed rains.
Just a bit of a hard lesson to learn; always check the bottom of your pots!!

No comments: