Monday 16 November 2009

Things to Remember: Don't Carry the Weight of the World

Things to Remember 10

I loved the soft, subtle colours in the thread I used for this one, although Pa complained upon seeing it that it was too pale; it blended in too much with the cream fabric.
It doesn't bother me quite so much though, but I'm debating whether to add more with a darker colour in order to make it more legible.
I'm particularly pleased with the stitching on this one, the thread is a silky cotton sort and works really well, very few tangles.

Things to Remember 10

"Don't carry the weight of the world on your shoulders."
Diameter: 19 cm (7.5”)
Upcycled doily with cotton hand-embroidered message.
FOR SALE HERE!

The message is a bit of a "no-brainer", but one I find I have to repeat to myself often. I try and keep up with various news sources, the environment in particular is a big concern of mine of late.
It's very easy to sink into that feeling of being completely overwhelmed and I have to force myself to not think so globally. Focus on me, focus on the immediate. Change starts with me and how I act and how I interact with others, that's my biggest sphere of influence.

No comments: