Friday 6 November 2009

Frangipani Monsters!

A couple of weeks ago, while in town with my two nieces I noticed that the frangipani trees all had their leaves already. I mentioned to the girls then that I thought it was unfair since the frangipani in my yard was still mostly bare branches at that time! Frangipani are some of my favourite flowers and I look forward to their blooms throughout summer.

We came home later that day and I decided to go take a look at what was going on with our frangipani...

Frangipani Branch

AUGH!

Frangipani Branch

Oh my...

Frangipani Branch

EEK!!

Frangipani Branch

It almost looks like something out of some Japanese horror anime...

Frangipani Branch

Happily their leaves have been doing a lot of growing since and it's starting to look like a real living tree again; I noticed today while in town the frangipani in the CBD all have flowers already, so mine can't be too far away!

No comments: