Friday 13 November 2009

Easy, Easy Custard Slice

Custard Slice

This is, hands down. The most satisfying treat for the lack of effort that goes into making these. Seriously? They throw together in minutes. They are also soooooo good!

Custard Slice

Easy Vanilla Slice with Passionfruit Icing

Slice:
250g packet of morning coffee biscuits (I used Arnott's Nice biscuits)
300ml of thickened cream
1 cup milk (I used one cup of vanilla flavoured soy milk)
85g packet of vanilla instant pudding
Icing:
1 cup icing sugar
2 passionfruit
1 teaspoon soft butter

1. Cover the base of a slab pan with biscuits, plain side down.

2. Combine cream and milk in large bowl, add pudding mix and beat with rotary beater for about a minute or until mixture is smooth.

3. Pour pudding mixture over the biscuit base, then top with another layer of biscuits, plain side down.

4. Combine sifted icing sugar, passionfruit pulp and butter in a small heatproof bowl. Stir over hot water until icing is spreadable. (or, just do this bit in the microwave like I did..)

5. Spread icing over the top layer of biscuits.

6. Place in the fridge overnight to set.

Custard Slice

STUFF YOUR FACE!

Oh man, these are so good.. I've made them a couple of times now just because of how easy they are to do; both with and without the icing. I think next time I tackle them with the icing I'll double the amount because I'm indulgent like that!
These got a huge thumbs up from family young and old last Family Dinner Night.

Custard Slice

No comments: